Friday, January 16, 2009

What will be the outcome?

I have been reading articles; news, blogs, opinion pieces, propaganda, prayers, poems, stories on Zimbabwe. Interestingly none of the articles offer a solid plan to resolve the situation. Eddie Cross highlights that it is possible to wait and see what happens (because he has no strategic plan to push for an outcome of his choice). Arthur Mutambara thinks western interference is doing more harm than good - okay wake up Prof, the west will never shutup so get on with it. Others are busy attcking Tsvangirai, but hey the guy cannot do anything. His own plan is to allow democracy to creep into Zimbabwe peacefully with a bit of prompting from the international community. Last time he tried a final push.... I hope the next article I read will have a clear road map of what to do. It should avoid telling us how bad Mugabe is, we know that already. It should not bash the west, that's a typical habit of African leaders when they are in the process of burying their heads in the sand. I will keep my fingers crossed, meanwhile let me go to the bank to collect a hundred trillion dollars!

No comments: